Dagfinn Berge is general manager of Railsupport AS. He originally graduated from the War College at Linderud and has worked with railways since 1988. Among other things, he has been responsible for the train schedule for the 1994 Olympics in Lillehammer, has been local train manager in Oslo and railway manager for Eastern Norway.
He has also been traffic director at NSB Gardermobanen AS and responsible for establishing the traffic department in the company from 1996 to 1999. He started as a consultant in 1999 and founded Railconsult AS in 2003. After many years as head of the company, he became specialist director in the Ministry of Transport in November 2015 , and was given responsibility for planning the tendering of train traffic in Norway.
From January 2017 until April 2018, he was director of passenger traffic agreements in the Directorate of Railways. He started the operation of Railsupport AS from May 2018.
Dagfinn Berge has broad expertise in a number of areas related to rail transport:
- Strategy and business development
- The railway's organization and areas of responsibility after the railway reform
- Freight and passenger transport by rail
- Tram and subway operation
- Tendering and procurement of passenger train services
- Organization and management
- The structure of public transport and forms of cooperation
- Development of new transport offers and operating organisations
- Contingency plans, security and crisis management
- Military rail transports